GEM Surveyors are Independent Chartered Building Surveyors with many years of experience providing structural building surveys for both residential and commercial properties. GEM Surveyors provide survey reports with an Executive Summary written and illustrated to ensure you understand any property issues and the anticipated costs for any major work required to resolve property problems.
Website key factors
Emphasis of Unique Selling Point’s USP’s
RICS, ISVA, CABE & CIOB prominent
Friendly local Surveyors
Need a Building Survey? GEM Chartered Surveyors can help you
Instruct a report NOW!
Swift response to your property matters
Professional, clear, informative, Google-friendly and easy to navigate
Call to Action and phone number prominent
External and Internal links
Key word and photograph rich
Web friendly colour palettes
One day a month website maintenance
GEMSurveyors Website Brief after second website review
Improve website and website ranking to gain more traffic and sales conversions. Gain high natural search ranking on Google.
Who are GEMSurveyors?
Independent Chartered Surveyors
Surveyors are members of:-
Property experts giving professional, friendly property advice
1. Independent Surveyors & Valuers Association (ISVA)
2. The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) with some members Fellows – FRICS
3. Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE)
4. The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Providing the best property surveys money can buy in the form of:-
– primarily wish to target house structural surveys
The marketing company for GEM Surveyors is 1st Associated Ltd – hence the branding on the website and links to the 1stAssociated.co.uk website
1. structural surveys also known as residential building surveys,
5. specific defect reports
2. property reports,
6. Disputes – Boundary, Party Wall etc
3. schedules of condition,
7. feasibility studies,
4. commercial building surveys,
8. strategic advice reports, etc.
House/home Surveys – structural building surveys/residential building surveys
Generally people move every 7 years
Although many have not moved for the last 20-30 years dependent upon which part of the UK they are located
Two and three bedroom house dwellers move the most
Average Briton moves 8 times in their life
Customer who had a survey with GEM Surveyors in the past moves house again
Property developer regularly buying and selling property
Property investor with a portfolio of properties
Target location for customers
Higher property value areas such as Harpenden, St Albans, Cambridge, Gerrards Cross, Great Missenden, Beaconsfield, Woburn, Maidenhead, Crowthorne, Wokingham, etc, etc
Building Surveys Unique Selling Points:-
1. Independent Surveyors – independent of any financial institutions, estate agency, solicitors etc. – 100% impartial – we work only for you
2. Clear, detailed Executive Summaries
3. Property problems identified with action required
4. Estimated costs included in survey report
5. Surveyor will meet you at the property to discuss any concerns or plans
6. Fast response to your enquiry with surveys carried out quickly and hassle free
7. Unique survey sketches commissioned and included in reports to give a greater understanding of property issues or features/characteristics
8. Many, many high resolution, digital photos included in surveys as well as unique aerial view – 360 photos
9. 3D models and layout plans to aid with visualising the property, planning/designing extensions and alterations etc.
10. Local knowledge
11. Many, many years of experience
12. Experts with Listed buildings and all eras, types and styles of property
13. Provide free example surveys
14. Surveys are written in plain English free from jargon
ESurv – LSL Property Services Plc
Building-Surveyors.co/ Alan Rance Surveyors
Purchaser of a residential or commercial property
Landlord or tenant wanting property help and advice
Property owner wanting help and advice
– emphasis of site to be primarily residential building surveys
How do Customers find your service?
Via our website
Social Media Accounts
None currently. Further research into pro’s and con’s of adding.
Gain more traffic and more leads and more conversions to sales
What do you want your website customers to do when they are on your website?
Phone or email
Currently Contact Us page link opens an email to 1stAssociated.co.uk which only gathers the potential clients email and is confusing as the email is to 1stAssociated
Improvements to be made.
We are based in Bedford – but prefer not to use address as concerned this will limit our traffic/appeal although understand that by inclusion it will gain trust and confidence in the site and not necessarily limit work to the location
Provide a nationwide service surveying properties across the UK
Concentration – Home Counties
Focus on high property value areas including Harpenden, St Albans, Cambridge etc.
Other domains that you own and/or link to the website
Aim to add better links from related organisations, companies etc.
Keywords or phrases important for ranking
Further research into keywords/phrases
None previously or currently
Looking initially for organic search results ranking highly
Currently build using a template from YHN on a Plesk Control panel – limitations:-
Page layouts – formatting limited
Navigation – limited structure
Not totally responsive for mobile devices
Move to WordPress
Client likes the look and feel of the current website and does not wish the new WordPress version to take on a typical WordPress appearance of a large photo banner with sections below.
Developer WordPress version of current site with improvements to include:-
Emphasis on call to action i.e. phone or email/contact us form
Good, clear navigation
Improvements in all areas of SEO including:-
Meta tag descriptions
Test and Measure
Review website improvements and test and measure their results
Ranking on Google/Bing etc
Key Performance Indicators
Traffic to website increases and thereby phone calls/emails to GEMSurveyors office.
High page rankings on Google and other search engines
More unique visitors staying on the pages for longer
??? – further indicators to be agreed
Access to be available to enable not only the developer to add material and amend but by client too.
Happy with current hosting company YourNameHere and wish to continue.
Website Build Deadline
March 31st 2017
Penalty due if not met.
Website Development Plan to improve website and increase traffic/conversions
After considering the elements of the Design Brief and Website Reviews a Website Development Plan is produced to outline steps, procedures and timelines for improvements to the website to increase traffic/conversions with key performance indicators to enable the website owner/company to ascertain progress and improvements.
An overhaul of the current website, transferring onto a WordPress platform staying with the same hosting company. The surveying company is happy with the current design although some elements need to be improved to be timeless/classic – easily adapted for future improvements when necessary.
Elements of work carried out by the website company and other elements carried out by Website Developer/SEO/Marketing experts. The elements/strategy and time frame to be agreed by both parties.
Overall target to create a website whereby the visitor phones or emails company for a residential building survey primarily in the Home Counties having found the answer they are searching for and being enticed to make an enquiry. Additionally to make the website more attractive to Google and other search engines with organic/natural high ranking, make the site fully responsive to mobile devices, easily navigable and informative.
The concentration initially to be high value property areas such as Harpenden, St Albans, Cambridge etc with the website viewer being lead through the 7-step sales process and information regarding GEM Surveyors expertise in Listed Buildings which is a profitable area of the surveying business.
Key Performance Indicators
1. Traffic to website increases and thereby phone calls/emails to GEM Surveyors office.
3. More unique visitors staying on the pages for longer
2. High page rankings on Google and other search engines
4. ??? – further indicators to be agreed
Keywords and long tail keywords
Further discussion/research as to the best keywords/long tail keywords to be used for example customers often will search for problems they experience with woodworm, wall cracks, dampness etc.
1. Improvements to include taking the customer through the 7 sales steps, making pages more enticing, making content organised via landing pages etc.
2. News section with regular fresh content – to be discussed
3. Improve call to actions
1. Improve navigation with pages accessible from homepage and improve for mobile devices
2. Change page layout removing right hand column to a more effective layout.
Call to actions:-
1. Add contact us form
2. Add phone links so customer can click to make a call
To be discussed further
1. Add meaningful inbound links from organisations/companies that are appropriate to surveying.
2. Further research required.
1. Include H1 and H2 tags for headings
2. Text to have continuity throughout website
3. Add links within main body text
1. Add a favicon
2. Amendments to banner
3. Add Alt Tags
4. Improve images and animated graphics that appear on the website
5. Amend image accreditations
1. The description tag is longer than 160 characters on the web pages we’ve reviewed.
2. Web pages use the keyword meta tag which is obsolete.
3. Twitter cards and Open Graph is not set up for the website.
4. QR code in the footer isn’t necessary (they are most commonly used by mobile phone users in order to find a website). When clicked the QR code takes visitors to another website.
We constantly review and update our websites and look at ways of improving traffic using SEO, good content, navigation and page layouts.
First Website Review
Not focused enough on Chartered disciplines and friendly local Surveyors. Add local pages such as Harpenden and St Albans.
Banner change to include RICS and improve
Change telephone number from free phone number to local 01234 355 358
complaints handling procedure for RICS Surveyors
high end property surveyors (yes spelt incorrectly)
royal institute of chartered surveyors code of conduct
independent chartered surveyors darren
standard rics complaints handlling policy
chartered association of building engineers logo
executive summary building surveying
building surveyors for Edwardian houses
Website Loading time
Chartered Surveyor, Independent Chartered Surveyor, Local Surveyor, local surveys, local structural surveys, building surveys, st albans surveyor, etc.
Last 3 months
Unique visits 226
Google Webmaster data
chartered association of building engineers
chartered institute of building
the chartered institute of building
association of building engineers
cold bridging condensation
complaint handling procedure
building survey example
complaints handling procedure
complaint handling procedure template
condition survey template
the chartered institute of building (ciob)
chartered building engineer
edwardian architecture features
parapet wall gutter
GEMSurveyors Bedfordshire Area Pages
In order to gain higher traffic levels the county of Bedfordshire was highlighted to focus on additional pages targeting specific areas. Each page to have an emphasis such as:-
1. Picture rich
2. Internal and External links rich
Each area to then be allotted Google AdWord campaigns to test and measure the traffic levels and conversion rates.
|Area no||Emphasis of Page||Page framework created||1st Draft||2nd Draft||Published|
|1||Informative, clear page with info, photos, testimonials, internal links, badges, and clear call to actions.|
|2||Picture rich, internal links rich|
|3||Text rich, internal links rich|
|4||Picture rich, internal and external links|
|5||3D model and floorpan video/image rich|
|6||USP’s and badges|
|10||Example Surveys rich|
|12||House Surveys rich|
|13||Picture and internal link rich|
|15||Text, photo, links, USPs..|
|16||Building surveys rich|
|17||Video and photo rich|
|18||USP’s, internal links and text rich|
New landing pages for:-